Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 IconwebsiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inGears Of War 3 DLC 4 About12

Gears Of War 3 DLC 4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
>TomTom-RSqd<
Admin
>TomTom-RSqd<

Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 Empty
PostSubject: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 am

Hi All, I'm sure you're all aware that the next, and final Gears 3 DLC has been announced. It's scheduled to be released on 27th March. Below is the full description of what to expect and I think you'll agree it looks pretty damn cool Smile

"Rod Fergusson appeared on the latest edition of GT.TV to announced the final Gears of War 3 map pack entitled "Forces of Nature". As outlined on the show, each map is set either in the middle of, or amidst the aftermath of, a natural disaster in order to fit with the theme. The show featured footage of the 3 brand-new maps (Aftermath, Artillery, and Cove) and 2 remakes (Jacinto and Raven Down) that will be included in the DLC, but we also reached out to the devs to get official descriptions right here on Side Mission which you can read below:

• AFTERMATH – Aftermath is a government park after a tsunami. There is seaweed and wreckage everywhere, and the main play space sits under a huge cargo ship which was deposited on top of a building during the storm. The area floods and quakes during gameplay, as the whole thing is teetering on the edge of falling into the water below. This has gameplay implications as it is difficult to aim during the quakes, and difficult to be stealthy while splashing through the water.
• ARTILLERY – Artillery starts out looking like an ordinary military base, but during gameplay a storm kicks up. Lightning begins to flash on the horizon and eventually a tornado develops and sweeps near the play space. Dust and debris are kicked up making it difficult to see, and the buffeting winds can mask your approach.
• COVE – Cove is a small port that the Stranded have taken over and turned into a little village. The map is very open with long lines of sight, but there is a really, really heavy layer of fog that masks just about everything. There’s a really nice sniper nest inside a central ship, but the sniper’s form is silhouetted by the low angle light shining through the fog.
• JACINTO – Jacinto was a beautiful city, but huge stalks have popped up through the buildings and flooded the entire area with imulsion. Half of the map is dead and crumbling, with imulsion fumes hanging in the air. To make matters worse, the drizzle that is present when a match begins quickly develops into a heavy rain storm that impedes visibility and lines of sight as water starts sheeting off the buildings.
• RAVEN DOWN – Raven Down is a very small crossroads that is blanketed in a blinding snow storm. A Raven helicopter has crashed in the storm, and crashed through an elevated train on its way down, so there’s train wreckage to deal with as well. The snowstorm ebbs occasionally, but is more often so heavy that it’s difficult to see more than a few meters ahead at any given time.

In addition to the maps, Fergusson revealed that the DLC will include a few Easter Eggs of sorts – four special weapons hidden in the maps called “Elemental Cleavers”. As an example of what you can expect, you'll be able to locate a “snow cleaver” that can gust an icy breeze at an enemy and stun them from a distance or an “emulsion cleaver” that explodes on impact and does a small amount of AOE burning damage to nearby enemies (in addition to the normal cleaver damage). Also, there are Achievements tied to these weapons for anyone that can find these cleavers and get 25 kills with them in Horde or Beast mode.

Lastly, Epic let us know that those of you who purchase this DLC will get 4 new character models - Commando Dom, Mechanic Baird, Savage Grenadier & Savage Hunter - and 5 new weapon skins for immediate use, and 2 additional weapon skins (that were designed based on community feedback) that can only be unlocked through gameplay in the 'Forces of Nature' DLC."
Back to top Go down
http://www.rvnsqd.com
OptimalAL
Clan Memeber
OptimalAL

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:17 pm

shiney.....
Back to top Go down
>TomTom-RSqd<
Admin
>TomTom-RSqd<

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Shiney?! That's all you could muster to my wonderfully formatted blatant rip of an article?! Damn you all! Evil or Very Mad lol
Back to top Go down
KAJE626
Admin
KAJE626

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:38 pm

silver shiney?
Back to top Go down
>TomTom-RSqd<
Admin
>TomTom-RSqd<

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Better... Smile
Back to top Go down
OptimalAL
Clan Memeber
OptimalAL

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:56 pm

almost succinctly shiney...
Back to top Go down
>TomTom-RSqd<
Admin
>TomTom-RSqd<

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 pm

I guess we shall have to wait and see how shiny it'll be!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 3 DLC 4   Gears Of War 3 DLC 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears Of War 3 DLC 4
Page 1 of 1